For all those who have had a good start to the week, bro you’ll are brave (like seriously)! And to those like me who couldn’t , I have a sweet way to make your week go easy. Below is a recipe of Badam Halwa that I have been wanting to try for a very long time now. And when ever I try a new recipe I like to have a few taste buds (or probably guinea pigs) to judge the dish out. And I got this perfect opportunity when the fam had planned a weekend outing last weekend to Egaila.
The recipe that I had was from the India’s finest chef, Sanjeev Kapoor. i did not follow the recipe to the T, as mentioned, that’s not something I excel at. I obviously had a few of my inputs and changes. And did I forget to mention its super easy and the perfect recipe to try out for first timers or newly wed brides to impress the in laws (like they will never know you have never even boiled water before). Also almonds are known to make your memory better which is definitely what we need to get through this week (god save us). Cutting the blabbering short, below is a recipe which you guys have to try out (like try it)!
Prep Time: 30 mins
Semolina (sooji) – 1 cup
Almonds – 1 1/2 cup
Sugar – 1 1/2 cup
Milk – 4 cups
Ghee – 5 tablespoon
Saffron – a few strands
Green cardamon powder (elaichi) – 1/2 teaspoon
Lets get started:
PS. Before getting started, apologies for the pictures below, my kitchen screams of bad lighting which just denies to corporate.
1. Roast the almonds, if you haven’t got pre roasted. Set a few aside to be used later and coarsely grin
d the rest.
2. Heat the ghee in a pan and roast the semolina until light brown.
3. Then add the ground almonds and roast for 2 – 3 minutes. Do not roast long at this step as the almonds have been roasted earlier.
4. Add the sugar and give it a stir before adding the milk and saffron.
5. Cook on medium flame, stirring continuously until the sugar dissolves. Then add the cardamon powder and stir mix well.
6. Slice the almonds and garnish your yummy dessert.
Do try it out and let me know how it turns out. And yay to a happy tummy!